If you wish to apply for a place at The Lantern Community Primary School you must first contact the Cambridgeshire County Council Admissions Team on 0345 045 1370. The Admissions Team deal with all aspects of the admissions process.
Cambridgeshire operates a catchment area for each Local Authority and Voluntary Controlled School although parents/carers do have the right to express a preference for an alternative school. We accept children from the local neighbourhood and sometimes from further away. Priority is given to pupils living in the catchment area but an admission limit for each year group is determined by the Local Authority.
Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the school will be admitted. Those children with a statement of special educational needs that does not name the school will be referred to Student Assessment to determine an appropriate place. Thereafter, the criteria used to allocate places in the event of over subscription are:
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children.
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment area school because of oversubscription.
- Children living outside the catchment area, but nearest to the school as measured by a straight line.
If your child has been attending a pre-school, a nursery school or nursery class, this will not be taken into account when admission allocation decisions are made. Attendance at a particular nursery class or pre-school on a school site does not result in any priority for admission to that school. Parents/carers whose children are attending nursery classes attached to primary schools must still apply for a place in Reception.